Ongoing issues with IT support lead to reduced production, decreased productivity of employees, and loss of time and best opportunities – the most valuable resources the company might have.
Outsourced IT support refers to technical assistance with computer equipment that is not owned by an in-house employee of your company. This type of support covers some typical IT issues such as system administration, technical support, troubleshooting issues, installation and configuration of computer hardware, software, systems, networks, etc.
The right outsourcing IT support provider can eliminate the regular stresses of IT support and allow you and your staff to keep their focus on the core areas of your business. A dedicated IT help desk from a third-party IT support service provider can also ensure that you get timely help once it is required.
Why IT Support Outsourcing Is Important
- Extra time to focus on your business. Outsourcing IT support allows companies to focus their attention on key things in their companies instead of putting their best efforts into managing IT issues. While the MSP (managed service provider) takes care of the customer’s IT infrastructure, they can stay focused on your core business.
- Increased productivity of staff. Specialized IT support services and third-party IT support teams reduce potential downtime and errors. An MSP can monitor and fix any IT-related issues quickly. As a result, overall performance improves.
- Professional expertise. With the help of external IT support, customers get access to qualified IT specialists who are ready to answer customer requests and offer the necessary solutions once it is necessary.
- Quick response to all common IT support questions. Dedicated experts quickly provide real-time remote assistance to customers.
- Reduced IT operational costs. The savings offered by third-party IT support is one of its most effective features. The MSP reduces the likelihood of costly network problems and downtime caused by IT incidents. In addition, the customer has complete transparency regarding the services and the monthly fee for each user.
- Reduced security risks. Outsourcing IT providers are familiar with the compliance requirements and security measures that can be incorporated into the process to reduce the risks associated with data and confidential information.
What Functions Do Outsourcing IT Support Cover?
There are a variety of services that can be outsourced. Let’s take a closer look at some of them.
#1 Management of devices and inventory
Whatever technology a company implements, security must be a cornerstone of this process. A managed support team that can process all software and hardware data is your best assistant in purchasing decisions and the way you use the devices.
How an outsourced IT support service can be useful:
- Hardware acquisition
- Configuration of devices
- Real-time monitoring of the health of the gadget
- Customized security settings
- Access to world-class mobile device management (MDM) software that provides advanced remote administration of people, devices, and their settings
#2 Administration of servers and networks
System crashes and viruses are just a few of the issues companies may face. Keeping an eye on the hardware and software is critical to overall security. This, however, requires a reliable and secure network. How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Ensure that business activities are efficient
- Help proactively monitor network
- Ensure remote management of the whole network
- Reduce expenses that an on-site network breakdown can cause
- Provide recommendations on hardware and assistance with installation
#3 Cloud management and applications
To provide additional security, organizations need to maintain control over their cloud infrastructures and applications. Moving from a local network to the cloud can help reduce costs, which is another major benefit for businesses.
How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Protect your SaaS app
- Coordinate and automate software deployments
- Manage single sign-on (SSO) so that you and your team may access connected systems with a single ID and password
- Configure and control file-sharing rights
#4 Integrity and Security
In any effective IT administration method, security is always a priority. This is critical to minimizing risks and hazards. How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Create and maintain firewalls and multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Enforce company-wide security guidelines
- Install setups that adhere to cybersecurity best practices
- Optimize your auditing procedures
#5 Disaster Recovery and Backup
Whether it’s the result of a security breach, ransomware attack, human error, or natural disaster, data loss can have a fatal impact on your business. Data recovery can take hours, which can damage your reputation, business and finances in the long run.
How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Ensure backups are handled (copying data to protect it in case of accidental deletion, corruption, etc.)
- Create practical tactics for a reliable recuperation strategy
- Manage disaster recovery by creating strategies to quickly restore access to IT resources, data, and applications after a failure
Reliable data storage solutions can simplify the process of managing a company and make it transparent, increasing productivity, saving costs, and improving security. Whether you use on-premises servers, the cloud, or a combination of both – their reliability is critical.
How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Responsive infrastructure
- Effectiveness of the existing storage arrangement
- The provision of product knowledge and services that combine hardware and software
#7 Monitoring and Analysis of Data
IT experts help one to have a complete picture of the number and nature of support issues their team has. In this way, they can identify areas that need improvement to improve operational efficiency and safety. How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Real-time awareness of end-user demands
- Identifying patterns and areas that need improvement in your company
- Full access to the reporting dashboard that emphasizes relevant data
#8 Employee On/Off Boarding
The process of hiring and onboarding a new employee in any company should be simple and stress-free. The MSP allows one to easily and quickly set up hardware and all necessary credentials on an employee’s first day or change security and access permissions after leaving. How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Clear hardware and equipment requirements
- Access and settings can be modified at the departmental level
- Increasing employee productivity
- Automatic provision and denial of access to users
#9 Real-Time Assistance
Help Desk is an integral part of any organization’s technology infrastructure and is a key component of any wise business plan. It serves as a resource for any questions and needs related to IT support. How an outsourced IT support service can help:
- Managing and keeping track of user requests and incidents, responding to inquiries, and handling routine communications
- Giving access to a single resource that may be used to solve issues
- Managing scheduled service modifications and service disruptions
- Keeping your business running efficiently, saving you time and money
In-House IT Vs. Outsourced
|1. It is affordable: A fixed monthly price is often more affordable than paying an annual salary and benefits for full-time IT staff.|
2. Focus: Instead of burdening yourself with the technical difficulties of managing your IT workforce, you can offload your internal teams and focus on your core business.
3. Team of professionals: With outsourcing, you don't need to rely on a small group of specialists who may only be aware of one or two areas of the business; instead, you have access to an entire team of skilled professionals for a flat monthly fee or a set hourly rate.
|1. Lack of control: The third-party firm's workflow, business procedures, and workflow may differ from your organization's processes. As such, you may experience a loss of control if the process is not established and agreed upon in advance.
2. Unexpected expenses: Careless selection of an IT service provider can lead to unregistered costs or excessive technological investments. That is why the choice of IT support service provider should be based on recommendations and feedback from real customers.
3. Availability: Sometimes IT providers are not able to respond to your inquiries immediately because you are just one of their many customers. Thus, you may have to wait a long time for your request to be processed.
|1. Better Understanding: In-house IT professionals understand your company and IT infrastructure well. This enables them to anticipate employee requirements and thus tailor solutions to existing demands and broader business objectives.|
2. Projected expenses: Hardware and software costs cannot be avoided. However, having an in-house IT staff makes it possible to better predict costs.
3. Quick reacting: If a system failure or an emergency occurs, employees in the company have the opportunity to quickly notify IT specialists.
|1. Overloading:A regular flow of tasks that require a quick response can overwhelm a small team of 1-2 people in the internal IT department. As a result, this may lead to rejection of some promising projects or opportunities.
2. Unforeseen expenses: IT professionals must undergo regular training to stay abreast of new trends and effectively support your network. That's why if you're building an in-house team, you should also consider additional costs such as training, sick leave, vacation time, and benefits.
3. Narrow expertise:An IT support department with only one or two specialists may be experts in only one technology, which is nowhere near the level of expertise needed to handle, administer, and control new technologies should you decide to implement them or scale your business.
What Are The Steps To Beginning With Outsourced IT Support?
If you’re ready to outsource your company’s IT support, the next step is to find a reputable MSP. Finding the right company that can protect your data and gives you confidence that your IT system is running safely and efficiently can be difficult.
When choosing an MSP, keep the following in mind:
- How long does an MSP work on the market?
- What is the price of MSP’s services?
- Are they focused on a specific area or do they provide a range of IT solutions?
Costs Associated With Outsourcing IT Support
There are many questions related to IT support services, but most of them revolve around pricing. This figure is difficult to determine, as each organization has its own needs.
Most businesses start outsourcing support from a basic service package that includes things like a help desk, remote monitoring, upgrades, purchases, server management software, basic cybersecurity protection, and more. Others may have more complex requirements, including more sophisticated cybersecurity, cloud hosting, dedicated on-site support, and hundreds of other technical specifications.
Depending on the service plan selected for the company and the number of employees, the customer pays an average of $150 per user per month.
By choosing to outsource IT support, one can achieve significant savings and avoid additional fees for employee training and administration. The only additional costs may occur during the expansion and implementation of new initiatives by the company.
Why is MWDN the Best Outsource IT Support Partner?
With the right and professional IT support team, you can keep your company running smoothly, saving you time and significant resources. MWDN provides first-class IT support to our customers.
MWDN meets the following IT support requests of our clients:
- Reduction of infrastructure costs
- Reliability of an infrastructure
- Rapid updates
With IT support from MWDN, our customers can avoid extra expenses and concentrate on their core business activities. For 20 years on the market, we have created a pool of top-notch digital-savvy IT experts who help companies to provide first-class support to their customers and employees, increasing the productivity and efficiency of their systems.